While lockdown is closely associated with a pandemic, are you wondering how lockdown is associated with ageing? Unquestionably, lockdown is even more closely linked with ageing, and it, in fact, has introduced to us a new terminology, 'Lockdown ageing'. Here is a detailed blog that would help you get acquainted with all the essential information about this pandemic-induced beauty spoiler.
What is lockdown ageing?The first question that strikes our mind is what is this lockdown ageing. It is a term that is coined to denote the impact that the lockdown has enforced upon one's physical appearance and mental wellbeing.
Here are some of the reasons due to which lockdown ageing arises:
- It is necessarily the stress that is built in due to the lockdown that contributes majorly in treating skin problems. In fact, studies have shown that stress generated out of fear of Covid 19 has led to premature ageing.
- In addition to stress, an unhealthy lifestyle adds fuel to this.
- Video calls via google meet. Zoom etc..have become common now and it strongly has a negative impact on one's physical appearance too.
- Most importantly, taking up a lot of junk without doing much physical work has become a daily routine in this lockdown. Naturally, it contributes to the ageing process.
Is it possible to overcome this?While the pandemic poses a severe threat to our health, we fail to concentrate on other things that are very essential for our healthy living.
Following a healthy lifestyle during this lockdown and following all the precautionary measures to combat the health hazards, it is certainly viable to fight both health and skin related problems.
Here are the different ways to combat lockdown ageing:
1. Overcome stress with ease:Cortisol is a stress hormone. The adrenal cortex secretes cortisol and cortisol holds prime responsibility in the following:
- Breakdown of protein into amino acids
- Regulates blood pressure
- Has a firm control on your sleep and wake upcycle
- Manages the use of the vital nutrients in our body
- Boosts energy to combat stress
- Anxiety and depression
- Heart diseases
- Memory and concentration-related problems
- Adequate Sleep
- Regular exercise
- Indulge in fun activities that will divert you from being stressed
- Maintain a good social relationship
- Healthy diet (includes dark chocolate, green tea, pear, yoghurt, banana etc..)
- Proper hydration of the body
- Read good books
Self-care is the best careWith stress overbuilt, we tend to forget to follow our routine skin care procedures. However, it is highly essential to follow them even during tough times, failing to aggravate health-related problems. A gentle massage, face pack, hair pack etc..can help one lower the cortisol levels naturally.
Minimise screen timeIt is natural that during lockdown the pertinent use of mobile or computer screens have gone high. It exposes our body to blue light that accelerates the oxidation process, triggers stress, and damages healthy cells. The best way suggested is to reduce the screen time, but sometimes it might not be feasible due to work from home. Alternatively, try these products to screen yourself from this blue light:
- Use gaming glasses that block blue light. Know more:
- Lineless Eye Complex Under Eye Anti-aging Serum: This lightweight serum hydrates the skin and guards you from blue light's detrimental rays.
- LIBERTY BELLE, SUPERHERO¬Æ Moisturiser: It is a superhero that helps your skin fight against blue light.
- Chantecaille Blue Light Protection Hyaluronic Serum: It is a serum that is well suited for all skin types and it shields you from blue light.